[U-Boot-Users] console prompt is not visible after loading U-Boot to RAM

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:26:55 CET 2007

Hi
I have loaded the u-boot.elf binary to RAM over UART using the OST
utility on Windows XP. I tried to load u-boot.bin to RAM but it is not
working, I think OST is expecting windows binaries when the extension
is .bin. The ELF binary which is compiled on Linux gets for omap730p2
sample board gets successfully downloaded to RAM at the specified
address. I have configured the UART as mentioned in the manual by
using Hyperterminal. After downloading the ELF binary to RAM, I should
be seeing the U-boot prompt on console. But, just a cursor blinks on
screen. I am sure the  connection is being established but no prompt
is seen.

1. Do I need to burn u-boot.bin and not u-boot.elf?

2. If buring ELF is correct then what might have gone wrong ? Why the
u-boot prompt is not visible? What I am missing?

-Pharaoh.