[U-Boot-Users] problems using TSEC Ethernet without CONFIG_NET_MULTI

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 9 18:00:37 CET 2007

In message <f608b67d0703090846n3fc522f2mcd4c9b770644383d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> This is such an arcane purpose - I wonder how many people think this
> is a valuable feature? In most cases a system has multiple ethernet

Many people conside rit extremely important to be able to run a system
with redundant netowrk interfaces.

> interface B. This automated interface skipping is actually a very
> harmful in some situations.

Perhaps you might be so kind as to elucidate?

> The ability to register multiple interfaces and pick one of them for
> all communications is a great one. But the automated switch from
> interface to interface should definitely not be the default behavior.

THis is your opinion. Me, and others, disagree.

> I wonder what is the u-boot community consensus on this issue. I guess
> not many people bring up boards with multiple enet interfaces...

You may be wrong. There may be more customers using this feature than
you expect, and the number  of  systems  where  it's  being  used  in
production is probably in the millions by now.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A committee is a group that keeps the minutes and loses hours.
                                                      -- Milton Berle