[U-Boot-Users] [GIT-PULL][Blackfin] Please pull http://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-blackfin.git

Aubrey Li aubrey.adi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:36:44 CET 2007

On 3/12/07, Aubrey Li <aubrey.adi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/11/07, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> > In message
> >
> > You break the feature of using the O=... option on the  make  command
> > line, or use the "BUILD_DIR" environment variable. Using this feature
> > means  that  all  files  generated  during  this build are put into a
> > different directory, so your current source directory tree  will  not
> > contain any new, generated files.
>
> Still working on it. so far I found blackfin broke this feature
> itself. It doesn't impact any other boards.
>

> > > As my latest commit and git push, I think copyright and coding style
> > > issues should be fixed. Please let me know if there still has any
> > > problems. Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Argh... I really don't have the time to check and clean up your code.
> > You are supposed to do that.
> >
> > You still have coding style issues at least in the following files:
> >
> > Trailing white space: cpu/bf533/flush.S, cpu/bf533/init_sdram.S,
> > cpu/bf533/init_sdram_bootrom_initblock.S, cpu/bf533/start.S,
> > cpu/bf533/traps.c
>
> Fixed.
>

> > Indentation not by TABs: include/configs/bf533-stamp.h
> >
> May I ask where the indentation is not TABs?
>

> > A few more comments:
> >
> > * I object to adding "rm -f $(obj)board/bf*/u-boot.lds" to the top
> >   level Makefile. You don't know who might be using a board name of
> >   "bf*".
>
> Fixed.
>

> > * cpu/bf533/cache.S: please leave labels unindented, i. e. undo things
> >   like this:
> >
> >         -1:
> >         +       1:
>
> Fixed.
>

> > * cpu/bf533/cache.S: please fix indentation of comments, i. e. undo
> >   things like this:
> >
> >         -       /* Clear the IMC bit , All valid bits in the instruction
> >         -        * cache are set to the invalid state
> >         -        */
> >         -       BITCLR(R7,IMC_P);
> >         +/*
> >         + * Clear the IMC bit , All valid bits in the instruction
> >         + * cache are set to the invalid state
> >         + */
> >         +       BITCLR(R7, IMC_P);
> >

> Fixed.
>
> > * Don't remove comments that might be useful, like here:
> >
> >         -       SSYNC;          /* SSYNC required before writing to IMEM_CONTROL. */
> >         +       SSYNC;
>
> Not useful, I think.
>

> > * cpu/bf533/serial.c - Please undo your changes to the *  declaration
> >   of  DECLARE_GLOBAL_DATA_PTR.  Leave  it  at file global scope as it
> >   was, or you will run into problems with more recent  tolchains.  In
> >   general, don't change things without need!
>
> Fixed.
>

> > * cpu/bf533/serial.c - we recently discussed to  introduce  a  sync()
> >   macro definition - please use this generic name instead of directly
> >   calling things like __builtin_bfin_ssync()
>
> Fixed.

> [...]
Sorry, I forgot the change log:
 Makefile                                 |    2
 board/bf533-ezkit/flash.c                |    9 +--
 board/bf533-stamp/bf533-stamp.c          |   33 ++++++------
 board/bf533-stamp/spi.c                  |   39 +++++++--------
 cpu/bf533/cache.S                        |   28 +++++-----
 cpu/bf533/cpu.c                          |   50 ++++++-------------
 cpu/bf533/flush.S                        |   24 +++++----
 cpu/bf533/init_sdram.S                   |    4 -
 cpu/bf533/init_sdram_bootrom_initblock.S |    4 -
 cpu/bf533/serial.c                       |   17 +++---
 include/configs/bf533-ezkit.h            |    2
 lib_blackfin/bf533_string.c              |    3 -
 lib_blackfin/board.c                     |   12 ----