[U-Boot-Users] Can I use kermit to download u-boot image to RAM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 12 08:46:00 CET 2007

In message <61445c750703112343p22ce167r35e54aab3433ab38 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> As per my understanding the FAQ talks about loading u-boot to RAM when
> another boot loader is already there in on the board. And it gives

No. It talks about if U-Boot can be configured such that it can be
started in RAM, no matter if you start it from a BMD/JTAG debugger or
a primary bootstrap loader or another boot loader.

> reasons why it wont work, but in my case it is a virgin board, no boot
> loader is available.

That's exactly the situation the FAQ is about.

> Assuming the above explaination applies to virgin boards too, I gather
> there is no way I can downlaod the image of u-boot to RAM and make it
> run without ever burning it to RAM. Correct me if I am assuming too
> much.

Burning to RAM? I'can't parse that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
1 1 was a race-horse, 2 2 was 1 2. When 1 1 1 1 race, 2 2 1 1 2.