[U-Boot-Users] Sign-off policy

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 12 22:10:37 CET 2007

Dear Ben,

in message <1173710718.12892.22.camel at saruman.qstreams.net> you wrote:

> I apologize in advance for not knowing more about this.

I don't know more about it either. This all is new for me, too.

> Do you want custodians to add a 'signed-off-by' to patches (via the
> --signoff switch to 'git-am').  I assume yes, since it adds
> traceability, but of course I don't want to imply authorship for
> somebody else's hard work.

My understanding is that signed-off-by does not claim authorship;  if
in doubt, you probably could also add an "Acked-by" instead, although
I have no idea if this just used by some, or formally accepted.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Panic, n.: The second time you can't do it the first time.