[U-Boot-Users] RFC:new multi image format

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Mar 13 03:59:04 CET 2007

The current multi image format doesn't really provide any information
about what the images contained inside the multi image are.

I'm suggesting we add a new ih_type, IH_TYPE_MULTI_V2 in which we
have an expanded header for each 'sub image' to describe more details
about it.

I wanted to see what information people felt was important to keep
track of for the 'sub images'.

struct sub_image_header {
	uint32_t	ih_type;	/* sub image type */
	uint32_t	ih_size;	/* sub image size *
	uint32_t	ih_comp;	/* compress type */
	uint64_t	ih_load;	/* Data  Load  Address */
	uint64_t	ih_ep;		/* entry point */
	uint8_t         ih_name[IH_NMLEN];
}

Are other fields useful or should we just duplicate the image_header
completely?

- k