[U-Boot-Users] README.NetConsole question

Igor Marnat marny at rambler.ru
Thu Mar 15 12:55:58 CET 2007

Hello List!

I'm trying to use netconsole on my board but I met unxecpected
problems on host side (the machine I'm trying to connect to
u-boot'ed board).

I'm trying to use on the host side script from README.NetConsole. The one which is
quoted below. When I start the script, my Linux complains about the
string "nc -u -l -p 6666".

As the "man nc" states about -l option, "It
is an error to use this option in conjunction with the -p".

Regarding -p: "It is an error to use this option in conjunction with the -l option."

Am I doing something wrong? Should I change nc utility or script?

U-boot version is 1.1.6, host machine uses
Fedora Core 5, nc (netcat utility) is from "nc-1.84-3.2.rpm".

The script from README.NetConsole:

#!/bin/bash -x

[ $# = 1 ] || { echo "Usage: $0 target_ip" >&2 ; exit 1 ; }
TARGET_IP=$1

stty -icanon -echo intr ^T
nc -u -l -p 6666 < /dev/null &
nc -u ${TARGET_IP} 6666