[U-Boot-Users] README.NetConsole question

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Mar 15 13:49:39 CET 2007

Hi Igor,

> I'm trying to use netconsole on my board but I met unxecpected
> problems on host side (the machine I'm trying to connect to
> u-boot'ed board).
>
> I'm trying to use on the host side script from README.NetConsole. The one which is
> quoted below. When I start the script, my Linux complains about the
> string "nc -u -l -p 6666".
>
> As the "man nc" states about -l option, "It
> is an error to use this option in conjunction with the -p".

Huh!  Where exactly does it say so?  I cannot even find "error" in the
manpage to my nc (1.10-32 on a Debian system).  Actually this
statement is nonsense, -l tells netcat to "l"isten on a socket and -p
tells it the portnumber.  How exactly should one start netcat as a
listener without combining these options?

Please check the netcat that you have - maybe "nc" simply isn't netcat
on your system.  Sometimes the binary is called "netcat".

Cheers
  Detlev

--
He thinks he's really smooth, but he's only C^1.
Office: Kirchenstr. 5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany +49 8142 66989 40