[U-Boot-Users] Hiiii....Everyone

pharaoh pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:04:41 CET 2007

kushal ahuja wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have a new board with me which has nothing onto it.I also have
> u-boot image with me, but when i am downloading the image by using
> hyperterminal (kermit) its not loading into my board. What to follow
> to bring up my board plz. suggest.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Kushal Ahuja

Hello

 From a recent conversation on the same list:

No, kermit cannot download to flash, it's only talking to the serial
line. If you had a working U-Boot running on your target, you could
use that, but so you have a chicken & egg problem...

> > On my new board which doesnt have any boot loader, can I use kermit to
> > download u-boot.bin to RAM and check whether is working from there?

No, you cannot. See the FAQ:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM