[U-Boot-Users] Hiiii....Everyone

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 16 21:16:21 CET 2007

In message <MPEAJFOFNNOAIMOHBACIAEEAFDAA.gl4jalopi at verizon.net> you wrote:

> [...]
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > No, you cannot. See the FAQ:
> I'm personally getting a little tired of seeing all of the responses saying
> that it isn't possible to bring u-boot up in RAM.  I brought up to new

Please pay more attention to the questions asked. These people ask if
they can build an image, and before burning it to flash, load it to
RAM and test it. If this is working, they want to burn the very same
image to flash.

And this cannot be done in the general case. Exceptions may exist.

> PXA255 boards that had dead flash on the first rev board.  It is necessary
> to set up the init so that it doesn't run the ram initialization when

Right, so you are  running  *modified*  code,  and  don't  get  *any*
evidence that the flash configuration will work.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A mouse is an elephant built by the Japanese.