[U-Boot-Users] RFC:new multi image format

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 19 19:43:16 CET 2007

In message <45FEB74E.5020106 at gmx.net> you wrote:

> > Are other fields useful or should we just duplicate the image_header
> > completely?
>
> If the fields of the current image header suffice to describe the images
> contained in a multi-image, you can just wrap each sub-image with a

They don;t. As mentioned before, I have a  customer  requirement  for
MD5  /  SHA1 checksums for the images, and I don't want to misuse (or
lose) other existing fields like the name string for this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is a human characteristic to love little  animals,  especially  if
they're attractive in some way.
	-- McCoy, "The Trouble with Tribbles", stardate 4525.6