[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_HW_WATCHDOG in 1.1.6

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 21 00:02:34 CET 2007

In message <f608b67d0703201500i47f86f07uac1f0d3a3e7ffe5f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> well, it does not look like many of the console drivers in the
> ./drivers directory have watchdog trigger points (in 1.1.6):
>
> es-o: ~/projects/uboot-bcm/uboot/drivers 33 > grep -l WATCH *
> cfb_console.c
> serial_max3100.c

This may be misleading.

> so, it seems like a system wide issue - I guess people don't worry
> about watchdog too much when u-boot is in monitor mode...

As mentioned before, udelay() alsi implicitely triggers the WD, and
see here:

-> grep -l udelay drivers/*
drivers/3c589.c
drivers/ahci.c
drivers/bcm570x.c
drivers/bcm570x_mm.h
drivers/cfi_flash.c
drivers/cs8900.c
drivers/ct69000.c
drivers/dc2114x.c
drivers/dm9000x.c
drivers/ds1722.c
drivers/e1000.c
drivers/eepro100.c
drivers/fsl_i2c.c
drivers/i8042.c
drivers/i82365.c
drivers/inca-ip_sw.c
drivers/ks8695eth.c
drivers/lan91c96.c
drivers/mw_eeprom.c
drivers/natsemi.c
drivers/ne2000.c
drivers/ne2000.h
drivers/netarm_eth.c
drivers/ns7520_eth.c
drivers/ns8382x.c
drivers/ns9750_eth.c
drivers/omap1510_i2c.c
drivers/omap24xx_i2c.c
drivers/pc_keyb.c
drivers/pci.c
drivers/pcnet.c
drivers/ps2mult.c
drivers/pxa_pcmcia.c
drivers/rtl8019.c
drivers/rtl8139.c
drivers/rtl8169.c
drivers/serial_max3100.c
drivers/sl811_usb.c
drivers/sm501.c
drivers/smc91111.c
drivers/smiLynxEM.c
drivers/sym53c8xx.c
drivers/systemace.c
drivers/ti_pci1410a.c
drivers/tigon3.c
drivers/tqm8xx_pcmcia.c
drivers/tsec.c
drivers/usbdcore_omap1510.c
drivers/w83c553f.c

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
As usual, this being a 1.3.x release, I haven't  even  compiled  this
kernel yet. So if it works, you should be doubly impressed.
      - Linus Torvalds in <199506181536.SAA10638 at keos.cs.Helsinki.FI>