[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_HW_WATCHDOG in 1.1.6

vb vb at vsbe.com
Tue Mar 20 23:00:40 CET 2007

On 3/19/07, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Seems you are the first to use this serial driver with a watchdog
> turned on...
>
> > Is this expected behavior and the HW watchdog is required to be
> > disabled when in u-boot CLI mode?
>
> No, this is not expected behavior.
>
> Watchdig trigger points are  missing  and  should  be  added  to  the
> driver. I'm looking forward to seeing your patch...

well, it does not look like many of the console drivers in the
./drivers directory have watchdog trigger points (in 1.1.6):

es-o: ~/projects/uboot-bcm/uboot/drivers 33 > grep -l WATCH *
cfb_console.c
serial_max3100.c
es-o: ~/projects/uboot-bcm/uboot/drivers 34 >

so, it seems like a system wide issue - I guess people don't worry
about watchdog too much when u-boot is in monitor mode...

cheers,
/v