[U-Boot-Users] RFC About USB Keyboard Polling

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 23 00:26:45 CET 2007

Dear Jon,

in message <1174589857.32390.52.camel at ld0161-tx32> you wrote:

> We need to add USB Keyboard support to the 8641 HPCN board.
> We currently have this working in a mode that is polled
> rather than configuring any interrupts and handlers.

Understood.

> However, to do so, we needed to extend the usb_kbd_getc()
> routine to possibly poll for interrupts as well.  So as

Um... this causes my scalp to curl...

Either we have interrupts, or we use polling.

[I think I know what you mean, but  interrupt  polling  is  a  strict
oxymoron to me.]

> Does this seem look a good approach to you?

You may want to include Markus Klotzbücher in the Cc:  list  of  such
USB related patches.

>     Add CFG_USB_INTERRUPT_POLL support.
>
>     Allow the USB controller to use interrupt polling

Please use a better name. interrupt polling ... shudder...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Life would be so much easier if everyone read the manual.