[U-Boot-Users] New version of AT91-Bootstrap for AT91SAM92xU-Boot/Buildroot/Linux users

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 26 00:01:26 CEST 2007

In message <012f01c76f20$a7225470$01c4af0a at Glamdring> you wrote:

> At91-bootstrap configures the DRAM memory and a few other things
> and then loads U-Boot from data/NAND flash to SDRAM
> and starts executing U-Boot.

...in other words the normal bootstrap loaer code as used with other
NAND boting systems, too.

> Reason for not putting this inside the U-Boot is that due to H/W
> restrictions (internal SRAM size), the max size of the program is 4 kB.

I'm sorry, but I cannot understand this argument. Because the code is
so small you cannot put it into the U-Boot tree? That makes no sense
to me.

To code used for NAND booting for example on PPC 4xx systems has size
limitations, too, but we keep this all in nand_spl/

Maybe you could merge your code into this common infrastructure, too?
Please feel free to discuss details with the NAND custodian.

> There is a lot of AT91/U-Boot users, having
> problems with having to have a special compiler
> for this little application, so I thought they would be interested.

Why do you need a special compiler?

> It could of course be in the tools directory.

No, that would be definitely the wrong place.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles is not a realist.
                                                   - David Ben Gurion