[U-Boot-Users] New version of AT91-Bootstrap for AT91SAM92xU-Boot/Buildroot/Linux users

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Sun Mar 25 23:00:27 CEST 2007

>> I have done some modification of AT91-Bootstrap and this
>> version is now available at www.at91.com in the
>> "AT91 Buildroot" project. Also put a patch there,
> I'm not sure why you are posting this here.
>
> If this is in any way related to U-Boot, please follow the rules as
> laid down in http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/Patches

It is not part of U-Boot, but is definitely related.
It is a utility which resided in the first sector(s) of a dataflash or NAND
flash.
At reset, the AT91 bootROM loads this into internal SRAM and jump to the
beginning of the SRAM, starting executing at91-bootstrap.

At91-bootstrap configures the DRAM memory and a few other things
and then loads U-Boot from data/NAND flash to SDRAM
and starts executing U-Boot.
Reason for not putting this inside the U-Boot is that due to H/W
restrictions (internal SRAM size), the max size of the program is 4 kB.

There is a lot of AT91/U-Boot users, having
problems with having to have a special compiler
for this little application, so I thought they would be interested.

It could of course be in the tools directory.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson