[U-Boot-Users] New version of AT91-Bootstrap for AT91SAM92xU-Boot/Buildroot/Linux users

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Mon Mar 26 00:24:20 CEST 2007

Hello!

Wolfgang Denk schrieb:
>> There is a lot of AT91/U-Boot users, having
>> problems with having to have a special compiler
>> for this little application, so I thought they would be interested.
>
> Why do you need a special compiler?

The primary bootloader code from Atmel can only be compiled with ARM
ADS/RVDS but can't be compiled with GCC because of incompatible
assembler parts and linker symbols. There is some port for GCC but it
(http://www.teest.com/) but that is not supported officially by Atmel
and it uses g++ to compiler "pseudo-C++". And for proper function the
omitted bss initialization has to be added... I have done a conversion
to proper C code and also lots of enhancements but these will be
published when the final product will be released.

With best regards
Andreas Schweigstill

--
Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill