[U-Boot-Users] New version of AT91-Bootstrap for AT91SAM92xU-Boot/Buildroot/Linux users

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Mon Mar 26 00:21:06 CEST 2007

Andreas Schweigstill skrev:

> The primary bootloader code from Atmel can only be compiled with ARM
> ADS/RVDS but can't be compiled with GCC because of incompatible
> assembler parts and linker symbols. There is some port for GCC but it
> (http://www.teest.com/) but that is not supported officially by Atmel
> and it uses g++ to compiler "pseudo-C++". And for proper function the
> omitted bss initialization has to be added...
[snip]

> With best regards
> Andreas Schweigstill

Not completely true,
For the AT91RM9200, the dataflashboot was built for ARM ADS
and the same for boot.bin/loader.bin used to handle parallel flash
memories.

Someone ported dataflashboot.bin to gcc and put it on the www.at91.com
and I have used that for my "dataflashboot-1.05.bin" which compiles by gcc.

For the AT91SAM926xEK you use at91-bootstrap and it is recommended that
you compile this by a gcc using newlib from www.gnuarm.com.

Since I am using buildroot, I want everything to compile using uclibc,
NWFPE and a dynamic C library.
softfloat is nice, but there are very few gcc compiler versions which
supports it for ARM.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson