[U-Boot-Users] Latest git not working for MPC8349EMDS

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Tue May 1 22:33:33 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

> 	I am trying to update U-Boot on my MPC8349EA-MDS.  I tried both
> the u-boot.git and u-boot-mpc83xx.git repositories.  After I reset, I
> get nothing on the serial console.  I was hoping someone might have a
> suggestion before I try to configure the BDI-2000 for this target and
> begin debugging this.  BDI configs for the 8349EA-MDS would also be
> appreciated.

How old was the U-Boot version that you upgraded from?
Eg. did you update from the Freescale version shipped with the
board to a version from the Denx git repo, or was it a old Denx
repo version to new version upgrade that broke things?

The MPC9349E boot sequence was modified at one point, and
so to boot a new kernel you had to also change the HRCW.
I forget the details, but here's my notes ...

http://www.ovro.caltech.edu/~dwh/powerpc_mpc8349e.pdf

see the comments on p18.

I have an MPC8349EA board as well, but I haven't had time to
test it yet.

Hope that helps.
Dave