[U-Boot-Users] Latest git not working for MPC8349EMDS

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Wed May 2 19:54:55 CEST 2007

David Hawkins wrote:

> For the board to low-memory boot, the HRCW has to indicate low-boot.
> I'm pretty sure all I did was write the new HRCW to the first
> sector of Flash (or maybe it comes with the U-Boot image, I can't
> recall).

It does.  The first 64 bytes of u-boot.bin are the HRCW.  If you flash u-boot.bin to
FEF00000, those 64 bytes are ignored however.

I personally recommend that you put U-Boot at FE000000 instead of FEF00000 which the BSP
does.  That way, the HRCW and U-Boot are on the same flash bank.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale