[U-Boot-Users] Latest git not working for MPC8349EMDS

Benedict, Michael MBenedict at twacs.com
Wed May 2 20:10:51 CEST 2007

u-boot-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Oh sorry.  I don't know why I was thinking you had an ITX.

Because I confused everybody by posting about an ITX for about a month
or so and then switching to an MDS ;).

Thank all for your help with both platforms.  I found the value to boot!

=>  md.b f8000000 20
f8000000: 2f 0c 40 08 82 af 07 33 ff ff 43 12 ff ff ff 02
/. at ....3..C.....
f8000010: 22 07 05 19 24 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
"...$...........

The BMS was high before, so BCSR4 was 86, but for low boot it needs to
be 82.

Oddly, changing the SW4.5 did not seem to change this(?)  I was able to
write it from u-boot

=> mw.b f8000004 82

And that did the trick!

Thank you all.  Any ideas why the switch is not working?  Currently I
have to turn the board on, issue the above instruction to set low boot
mode, then reset.  I should be able to power off/on and boot into low
memory.  Any guesses what I am missing?
	Thank you,
		Michael