[U-Boot-Users] Wind River SBC8560 saga continues

Mark Pilant Mark.Pilant at mintera.com
Thu May 3 16:06:50 CEST 2007

The more I dig into my problem, the more confused I get.

Here is the latest plot twist...

Looking at the sources for the memory configuration:

  /opt/eldk/ppc_85xx/usr/src/u-boot-1.2.0/board/sbc8560/init.S
  /opt/eldk/ppc_85xx/usr/src/u-boot-1.2.0/cpu/mpc85xx/start.S
  /opt/eldk/ppc_85xx/usr/src/u-boot-1.2.0/include/configs/sbc8560.h

I notice the TLB entries seem to be set up to do a simple straight
mapping from the effective address to the real address.  No problem
so far.

Looking further, I notice the addresses used for the chip select
values do not match the addresses specified in the SBC8560 board
engineering specifications.  Now it is getting a little confusing.

Finally, I notice there is one area of memory, defined at 0x70000000,
which has a TLB but does not appear to have any real memory to back
it up.  (This address is associated with the CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR
defined symbol.)

I am hoping someone might be able to point out if I am missing
something (subtle or obvious :-).

I had thought this might be the source of the CPM SCC problem I
am having, but so far it does not seem to be the case.

Thanks in advance.

- Mark (the confused :-)

This email message and any attachments are confidential and may contain information which is proprietary to Mintera Corporation. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Mintera Corporation immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an email to postmaster at mintera.com -- and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.