[U-Boot-Users] fdt_find_compatible_node() and friends

Wolfgang Grandegger wg at grandegger.com
Thu May 3 16:47:59 CEST 2007

Hi Jerry,

before re-coding fdt_find_compatible_node(), some more comments.

After browsing more carefully the FDT related code of "arch/powerpc"
I think we also need, apart from fdt_find_compatible_node() and
fdt_path_offset(), fdt_find_node_by_type() and maybe
fdt_find_node_by_name(). These functions do a sequential scan of all
devices starting at the beginning or after a specified node. They
actually ignore the hierarchy. Do you agree?
BTW: any reason why not using the more compatible name
fdt_find_node_by_path() for fdt_path_offset()?

Wolfgang.