[U-Boot-Users] Wind River SBC8560 saga continues

Mark Pilant Mark.Pilant at mintera.com
Mon May 7 15:11:16 CEST 2007

Hi Andy.

>> It is this second "while" that is "hanging".  The generated code for
>> the while is:
>>
>>     lis     R9,0xff79
>> x:  lwz     R0,0x19c0(R9)
>>     andis.  R11,r0,0x1
>>     bne     x
>>
>> R9 correctly contains the CPM base, and the offset 0x19c0 is correct
>> for the CPCR.  So it would appear the code should be picking up the
>> contents of location 0xff7919c0.  Here is where the fun begins.  The
>> value retrieved by the code (into R0) is 0x00810000 but the value
>> retrieved by the visionCLICK dm command is 00800000.  (This is also
>> the value displayed by the CPCR field of the "COMM" register list.
>
>Very strange.  Have you double-checked the LAWs to make sure the CCSR
>space is properly configured?  And checked CCSRBAR to make sure that
>it's still *at* 0xff700000?

I have not.  One reason for using the stock U-Boot code with our SBC8560
is I was making the assumption it would be relatively easy to get it up
and running, because it had already been done.

It is always possible something got broken between the time it was
working and now, but I would not put it real high on my list of possible
suspects.

The one thing which I have tried it to do a simple CPM reset.  This, by
looking at the registers, does seem to work find.  So it would seem the
CPM is working and being addressed correctly.

>Also, is it possible the difference is due to a time delay between the
>CPU reading the memory and visionCLICK reading it?

Possible.  Although I would expect time timing to be similar having
visionCLICK display the contents and single stepping through the code
with visionCLICK.

All of this is very strange; and frustrating.

- Mark

This email message and any attachments are confidential and may contain information which is proprietary to Mintera Corporation. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Mintera Corporation immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an email to postmaster at mintera.com -- and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.