[U-Boot-Users] Failed to run "hello world" 1.1.6 example on AT91RM9200EK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 4 10:48:12 CEST 2007

Dear Sebastien,

in message <10317276.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> It turned my into a tiny worm, but that is the game ;-)

That was definitely not my intention...

> >1) You just have a look at the messages that are printed when
>  >  building and linking your SA application; the start address of the
>  >  text segment is easily visible there.
>
> i will check it, can OBJDUMP ma be an help ? i

Just check the compiler messages for the "examples" files.

> >2) You could try and look at the source code, for example in
> >   "examples/Makefile"...
>
> i have done it but u-boot makefile are very generic, it is difficlt to read
> them for a rookie like me ;-)

Well, did you check "examples/Makefile" ? Right at the beginning it
reads:

ifeq ($(ARCH),arm)
LOAD_ADDR = 0xc100000
endif

> I have read it now ;-)
> i will test it today.

Good luck!

> Thanx again for the time you spend (or waste) to help me.

You are welcome.

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,    CEO: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Certainly there are things in life that money  can't  buy,  but  it's
very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money? - Ogden Nash