[U-Boot-Users] Failed to run "hello world" 1.1.6 example on AT91RM9200EK

Baz0unga sebastien.jean at iut-valence.fr
Fri May 4 07:39:36 CEST 2007

Wolfgang,

thanx for your answer.
It turned my into a tiny worm, but that is the game ;-)
I must say that i am not very familiar with embedded dev (you've seen it i
guess ;-) )

Effectively, i have missed the FAQ, i surrender. I have spent a lot of time
in this problem and there's a lot of source of documentation on the web
(AT91, mailing lists, ...) that i missed the most obvious.

In message <10308910.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> i ve tried to load it at 40000 and execute it at 40004 as said in the doc,

> ...and that doc was for an ARM system, are you really sure about that?

No.

> ve also tried to load it at 20000000 and start it at 20000000 and 20000004
> but nothing works.

>And why do you think 20000000 would be a better address for ARM?

Yes, it is the start of RAM banks. U-boot is loaded at 21F000000 (i don t
now exactly why it is not loaded at 20000000)

> Any idea ?

>I see at least thre different options for you:

>1) You just have a look at the messages that are printed when
 >  building and linking your SA application; the start address of the
 >  text segment is easily visible there.

i will check it, can OBJDUMP ma be an help ? i

>2) You could try and look at the source code, for example in
>   "examples/Makefile"...

i have done it but u-boot makefile are very generic, it is difficlt to read
them for a rookie like me ;-)

>3) You could (warning, terror starts here) read the documentation,
 >  especially a part nobody reads: the FAQ. See
  > http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/MyStandaloneProgramDoesNotWork
   >[Agreed, a headline of "My standalone program does not work" is
  > really difficult to find if you are looking for problems why your
  > standalone program does not work...]

I have read it now ;-)
i will test it today.

Thanx again for the time you spend (or waste) to help me.
Baz.