[U-Boot-Users] Failed to run "hello world" 1.1.6 example on AT91RM9200EK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 3 21:22:09 CEST 2007

In message <10308910.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> i ve tried to load it at 40000 and execute it at 40004 as said in the doc, i

...and that doc was for an ARM system, are you really sure about that?

> ve also tried to load it at 20000000 and start it at 20000000 and 20000004
> but nothing works.

And why do you think 20000000 would be a better address for ARM?

> Any idea ?

I see at least thre different options for you:

1) You just have a look at the messages that are printed when
   building and linking your SA application; the start address of the
   text segment is easily visible there.
2) You could try and look at the source code, for example in
   "examples/Makefile"...
3) You could (warning, terror starts here) read the documentation,
   especially a part nobody reads: the FAQ. See
   http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/MyStandaloneProgramDoesNotWork
   [Agreed, a headline of "My standalone program does not work" is
   really difficult to find if you are looking for problems why your
   standalone program does not work...]

;-)

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,    CEO: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A quarrel is quickly settled when deserted by one party; there is  no
battle unless there be two.                                  - Seneca