[U-Boot-Users] MPC8349Emitx-GP hangs with latest u-boot

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Fri May 4 15:36:17 CEST 2007

Gregoire Banderet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using the latest sources from u-boot, my MPC8349Emitx-GP hangs after a
> few seconds when I'm in userspace (i.e. after Linux successfully
> booted). I tried both vanilla linux 2.6.20 and 2.6.14 from WindRiver,
> same result.

That's a new one.

> When I use u-boot 1.1.3 with patches from Freescale, the system is OK.

Weird.  The only thing I can suggest is that perhaps you need the
CFG_DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL fix for the latest U-Boot.

In MPC8349ITX.h, add this line

#define CFG_DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL	(DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL_SS_EN |
DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL_CLK_ADJUST_05)

right after this line:

#define CFG_MEMTEST_END		0x2000