[U-Boot-Users] MPC8349Emitx-GP hangs with latest u-boot

Gregoire Banderet Gregoire.Banderet at ge.com
Fri May 4 08:52:56 CEST 2007

Hello,

Using the latest sources from u-boot, my MPC8349Emitx-GP hangs after a
few seconds when I'm in userspace (i.e. after Linux successfully
booted). I tried both vanilla linux 2.6.20 and 2.6.14 from WindRiver,
same result.

When I use u-boot 1.1.3 with patches from Freescale, the system is OK.
I also tried the latest u-boot with linux 2.6.20 on a MPC8349Emds board
and everything is fine.

I tried disabling nearly all the buses/devices in the Device Tree, but
the system still hangs (even the serial console does not respond).

What (in u-boot) could make my system hang when linux is up and running?

--
Greg