[U-Boot-Users] GIT merge

Håvard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:16:23 CEST 2007

On 5/7/07, Michal Simek <monstr at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>

> I had problem with stat.h file. I resolve merge conflict (with vi) and then
> I tryied
> start pull second time but without success.

You shouldn't pull again, you should do what the error message says
and commit (after updating the index with your change.)

> On website is written "Before you request a pull, make sure there are no
> merge conflicts with the mainline". OK
> I change this file in microblaze repository and automatic merge work fine.
> But I have to add change stat.h to microblaze repository.
> Does command exist for finding merge conflict?

git status shows "unmerged" files, i.e. files with conflict markers.

> And second thing after automatic merge is added all patches from u-boot
> mainline. Is it right way? Do you require add only one line with merge
> www.denx.de/git/u-boot.git or the all patches? (What is the best command?)

I'm not sure what you mean. git pull usually does the right thing --
it pulls in all commits from the remote branch and adds one of its own
to record the merge.

IMO, if the pull was clean you might as well blow it away using
git-reset before you request a pull to make the upstream history a bit
cleaner. But I'm not sure if Wolfgang agrees with this.

Haavard