[U-Boot-Users] IXP425 ethernet & NPE microcode

Jonathan Pratt Jonathan.Pratt at elprotech.com
Wed May 9 09:17:15 CEST 2007

Hi.

I have a IXP425 (IXDPG425 dev board) running u-boot [yay!] but I get the
message 'No Ethernet Found' in the start up sequence. I would like to
get ethernet working but I have been unable to find out what I should do
so it happens.

When I used a pristine copy of u-boot, it wouldn't build for this target
(couldn't make .depend in the cpu/ixp/npe directory or something
similar). Since I had been building (snapgear) Linux using the Intel
Open Access Library I copied IxNpeMicrocode.c from
IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-2_0.zip [ie version 2.0 of the NPE Library] into
the cpu/ixp/npe directory. Admittedly this was just a guess as to what
to do. U-boot now builds OK for this target, and I now have it running,
but without ethernet.

Is there some doco somewhere that explains what to do next, or does
someone have some insights to offer?

Thanks

Jonathan Pratt
Senior Development Engineer