[U-Boot-Users] idea: fdt_checkboard

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Fri May 18 16:17:28 CEST 2007

Jerry Van Baren wrote:

> I would rather give hush the ability to read fdt properties so that the
> logic could be scripted rather than being "hardcoded" in a C function.
> This would give some interesting capabilities, like selecting the proper
> fdt out of several in memory.

The two really aren't mutually exclusive.  Besides, fdt_checkboard() would not work in a
hush script.  The C function would scan the device tree *and* read data from the hardware
and compare the two.  For instance, if it says that there's a PCI device at address X, it
should check if CFG_PCI1_MEM_PHYS is set to the same value.  These are the kinds of things
that can only be done in C code.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale