[U-Boot-Users] multicast tftp: RFC2090

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Sat May 19 03:26:36 CEST 2007

David Updegraff wrote:
> Ok; here my mulicast TFTP patch.  Have had the opportunity to test with
> both the RTL8139 and TSEC ethernet drivers, with up to a dozen clients
> concurrent.
>
> In a way I'm tempted to simply remove the #if CONFIG_RFC7090 clutter as
> it is benign if you happen to be talking to a non-multicast tftp server;
> and would make things rather more readable.  But too timid...
>
> -dbu.

Hi Dave,

Interesting, not as much change needed as I would have guessed.

Now I'm dying of curiosity... what is your impression of the usefulness
of RFC7090?  It always struck me as a lab curiosity: in fairly
artificial cases where a bunch of CPU boards are powered up
simultaneously...
* a room full of machines with a master breaker
* a rack of CPUs
it would be a big win, but that is a fairly unusual setup in the areas I
hang out in.

On the other hand, we have a customer that currently has up to 4 units
in a rack, and in the future possibly more units in a rack, that could
possibly benefit from RFC2090.

Best regards,
gvb