[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] Complex MAPPING support on CFI driver

Rui Sousa rui.sousa at laposte.net
Wed May 23 14:47:38 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 13:48, Ladislav Michl wrote:

Hi Ladislav,

> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 12:58:45PM +0200, Rui Sousa wrote:
> > Unfortunately this only takes care of writting operations. Support for
> > read would mean further extensive modifications (introduce some
> > flash_read() function and use it from cp, md, jffs2, ... commands).
>
> Posibly... if addr2info returns structure pointer in question it could
> also toggle the right gpio line.

It doesn't work. For example in do_mem_cp(), addr2info is only called for the
destination address. We would need something like the dataflash handling code
that also checks the src address.

Jffs2 code simply dereferences the address for NOR flash, addr2info is never
called.

... and so on.

> And it would be nice to have just one
> addr2info implementation, right Tolunay? ;-)
>
> Best regards,
> 	ladis

Rui