[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] Complex MAPPING support on CFI driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 23 15:54:42 CEST 2007

In message <20070523114810.GA7092 at michl.2n.cz> you wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 12:58:45PM +0200, Rui Sousa wrote:
> > Unfortunately this only takes care of writting operations. Support for read
> > would mean further extensive modifications (introduce some flash_read()
> > function and use it from cp, md, jffs2, ... commands).
>
> Posibly... if addr2info returns structure pointer in question it could
> also toggle the right gpio line. And it would be nice to have just one
> addr2info implementation, right Tolunay? ;-)

There is no hook anywhere that would trigger when running a command
like

	md 0xFF000000 0x100000

which actually might cross "bank" boundaries that require  tofggeling
of I/O lines. addr2info() is nowhere used in such a szenario. [And it
shall  not  be  used,  as "md" and friends are supposed to operate on
plain memory, exactly as their counterparts in a JTAG debugger  would
do.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What is tolerance? -- it is the consequence of humanity. We  are  all
formed  of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's
folly -- that is the first law of nature.                  - Voltaire