[U-Boot-Users] Question about CFG_ENV_ADDR during RAMBOOT

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Wed May 23 14:59:11 CEST 2007

> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 12:48:20PM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>> Things are broken, because Wolfgang refuses patches fixing problems on AT91 on principle.
>> Removing support will cause more work for people
>> because the existing patches to make things work
>> will have to be modified...
>
> Wolfgang is waiting for custodian to comment on patch. So far nothing
> happened. Please note that I'm the last one who wants to see support of
> this board removed. Also I'm all for applying patches you send to the
> mailing list (that serie 1,2,3,4,6,7,10,24) except for 24.noflash
> which seems a bit hackish (and yes I run into the very same problem this
> patch is trying to solve recently). If there is anything I can do to
> help them to get applied, just let me know.
>
>> What is the point of sabotaging others peoples efforts???
>
> Removing non working code makes whole codebase cleaner. Sabotage is
> leaving non working code in repository without any will to at least
> consider applying patches... Anyway, who is responsible for AT91 code?
>
> Best regards,
> ladis

Instead of wasting your time with the mainstream u-boot
for the AT91, you could try out my patched u-boot-1.2.0-atmel at
ftp://at91supp:support@81.80.104.162/ -> AT91 Third Party -> Linux_Host -> Source

I have a working dataflash support for most Atmel chips there (board = at91rm9200df).
It also gets automatically built by the "buildroot" at the same location.

If you have any suggestions/patches, then I would be happy to add that.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson