[U-Boot-Users] Question about CFG_ENV_ADDR during RAMBOOT

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 23 15:57:05 CEST 2007

In message <007301c79d3a$37b63320$f22ab10a at atmel.com> you wrote:

> I tried to resubmit, but since Grant and Wolfgang has come to the
> conclusion
> that sometimes memory is not memory I see no possibility to
> overcome difference.

Memory is always memory. Serially attached devices are NOT memory.

But IIRC this is only one part of your patches. There are other parts
that have not been disputed.

> The correct approach is to fix the support, and I believe Grant started
> the debate by saying that he wanted to fix it.
> I have not seen any result of this.

Maybe you could just submit the other parts of your fixes in the
meantime?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
One difference between a man and a machine is that a machine is quiet
when well oiled.