[U-Boot-Users] Question about CFG_ENV_ADDR during RAMBOOT

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 23 20:08:23 CEST 2007

In message <006201c79d56$86d17250$17031b0a at atmel.com> you wrote:

> Things are broken, because Wolfgang refuses [some critical] patches
> fixing problems on

I don't refuse fixes, but we should not make things worse.

> AT91 on principle. - Dataflash should not be treated as random access
> memory.

We have an agreement here. Dataflash is a serial device,  no  memory,
and thus it should not be treated as random access memory.

> Still, I have submitted a patch and will not submit anything more
> until I know if it is rejected or accepted.

You will never know if something you don't submit would get  accepted
or not.

> Disagreement with me is not sabotage, but I consider removing
> "board/at91rm9200dk"
> just because it does not work, sabotage.

Nobody  ever  suggested  this.  Please  read  more  carefully  before
insulting people with causeless accusations.

> > If you cannot advance with brute force, try using diplomacy  instead.
> > Just insulting others is definitely not helpful.
>
> At the moment I do not see how I can get patches accepted.
> Hope to be surprised...

I just tried to show you a way (once again).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It may be bad manners to talk with your mouth full, but it isn't  too
good either if you speak when your head is empty.