[U-Boot-Users] Question about CFG_ENV_ADDR during RAMBOOT

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Mon May 28 21:39:40 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 06:56:30PM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> > I'm not sure if anyone's suggested this before, or whether it was
> > well-received or not, but why don't we generalize the cmd_mem syntax a
> > little? For example, let every memory address can be prefixed by an
> > optional "storage specifier" and a ':' character. The default "storage
> > specifier" is "mem", so that if it is omitted everything will work as
> > before, but you can also do things like

As far as I remember it was proposed by Tolunay Orkun in 'Atmel Dataflash
hooks' thread:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/26126
There was no reaction.

> >  cp.b df0:0x4200 0x85000000
> >  cmp.l 0x24000000 nand1.1:0x123456789
> >

> Which is 100% compatible with my proposal.
>
> "cp.b df0:0x4200 0x85000000  ${size}"

Okay, I'm sorry for not understanding you correctly. I have no objections
to this proposal (as I have no customers and can easily start using new
syntax :-))

Best regards,
	ladis