[U-Boot-Users] Relocatable U-Boot

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:52:03 CEST 2007

Hi All,

My apologies if this has been discussed before, but I could not find
it in the archives I have.  I'm wondering if anyone has spent time on
making u-boot relocatable.

A handful of projects I have worked on use multiple copies of u-boot
stored in different locations of flash and a small assembly stub
determines which to boot.  Currently, to do that u-boot has to be
compiled two different times with different settings to accommodate
the different base addresses.

Is there a way to use a single build of u-boot which can be placed at
two different addresses in flash?  That seems to me that it would be a
useful general feature.

josh