[U-Boot-Users] problem with ethernet after boot into uClinux

Ganesh Chandra Patro ganesh.patro at softdel.com
Wed May 30 14:22:43 CEST 2007

You can try fixing the IP and MAC address for the board in u-boot itself and
not keep them volatile to be picked up from your DHCP host. You can even
specify the file to be picked up from which server (IP), then you can get
the OS image

But I am not getting why you want to pull the file over DHCP. If you are
working on umon, you can very well pull the file to TFS via TFTP. It can
load the uClinux.elf and a BIN file as well. That itself serves the purpose.
You need not have u-boot itself. You can set the flag to boot uClinux from
TFS.

Else you can try integrating TFS with u-boot. I know it's a big job,
but....it will be great. u-boot will take another big leap.

Thanks and Regards

Ganesh Chandra Patro
SoftDel Systems Ltd
"ACROPOLIS", 2nd Floor