[U-Boot-Users] Question about CFG_ENV_ADDR during RAMBOOT

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 30 15:47:59 CEST 2007

In message <tRKYbCxtg4wg.vWbVtGHk at mailout.dof.se> you wrote:

> => We also need to understand if we are talking
> about the same thing.
> I have this feeling that
> mtdparts exist to divide
> the rootfs into several
> areas while the dataflash
> partioning is there purely
> for U-boot purposes.

Please see for example
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/BootTimeConfigurationOfMTDPartitions,
and look up the section about "mtdparts" in
CHANGELOG-before-U-Boot-1.1.5

> Can someone confirm that
> mtdparts is the right way
> to go?

I hereby confirm that it is the right way to go, as  it  is  the  way
that  is  supported in the public U-Boot tree, and that shall be used
to provide partition information for MTD devices in Linux.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I've got to get something inside me. Some coffee  or  something.  And
then the world will somehow be better.
                                     - Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_