[U-Boot-Users] Question about CFG_ENV_ADDR during RAMBOOT

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Wed May 30 20:23:21 CEST 2007

> In message <tRKYbCxtg4wg.vWbVtGHk at mailout.dof.se> you wrote:
>>
>> => We also need to understand if we are talking
>> about the same thing.
>> I have this feeling that
>> mtdparts exist to divide
>> the rootfs into several
>> areas while the dataflash
>> partioning is there purely
>> for U-boot purposes.
>
> Please see for example
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/BootTimeConfigurationOfMTDPartitions,
> and look up the section about "mtdparts" in
> CHANGELOG-before-U-Boot-1.1.5

OK, seems reasonable to use mtdparts, except that I think
it would be useful to be able to supply arguments in an incremental way
so you can build up your partition table using multiple mtdparts commands.

Also, I am not sure that mtdparts know about 1056 byte pages.
Maybe "k" could mean 1056 for dataflash parts?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson