[U-Boot-Users] Relocatable U-Boot

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Wed May 30 19:54:15 CEST 2007

>> > If you copy your U-Boot to RAM, you can have multiple U-Boots
>> > each linked to the same location.
>> > You need a small utility which runs before U-Boot which
>> > determines which version to use.
>>
>> Hm... yes.  Though I think that is more of a workaround than a truly
>> relocatable u-boot.

I don't think having relocatable U-Boot is a good goal.
Having the possiblility to choose between several different U-boot image is...
Copying the image to SDRAM is one method to do this.
If you don't want to copy to SDRAM, then you can
enable a MMU (when this is available) as an alternative.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson