[U-Boot-Users] neo1973 uboot details

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Fri Nov 2 13:35:30 CET 2007

Tiju wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am new to u-boot and I am trying to build an image
> for the neo1973. But the board type is not present in
> the source file that I downloaded
> (u-boot-1.3.0-rc3.tar.gz).
>
> I have gone through the help files in
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual. But they discuss
> how to configure uboot for predefined boards.
>
> 1. Where would I get the board specific files for
> neo1973?
> 2. If I get the files, how would I integrate it with
> the u-boot source code?
>
> I have got the patches from the openmoko project
> (http://patches.openmoko.org/openmoko-uboot/) but from
> where will I get the source files.. or is it possible
> patch the uboot without them. If possible please
> suggest me how I could do that.
>
> Actually, my requirement is to build u-boot for the
> S3C2440A processor and boot the kernel from a nand
> flash.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Tiju Jacob

Hi Tiju,

I don't believe the neo1973 project has been accepted into the mainline
u-boot repository.  You need to use the openmoku sources.
   <http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/U-boot>
That page is pretty shy on details on how do do what you asked (starting
with what version of u-boot to apply the special patches to).

I would suggest your best approach is to ask questions on an
openmoko-devel list and enhance the wiki page.