[U-Boot-Users] RFC: Some improvements for the FPGA subsystem

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com
Tue Nov 13 09:34:15 CET 2007

Hi,

On Monday 12 November 2007 23:55, Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com wrote:
> Matthias,
>
> Matthias Fuchs <matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com> wrote on 11/11/2007
> 08:45:02 AM:
>
> < snip >
>
> > 5) Add post() and pre() callback for Spartan2/3 FPGAs inslave serial
> mode.
>
> Only comment I have is to point out that one of the things we talked about
> last summer.  The Spartan 3 code in particular (and I think all of the
> Xilinx/Altera code in general) makes the pre()/post() function calls
> optional.  However, the relocation code doesn't check to see if the
> pre()/post() functions exist and therefore incorrectly "relocates" them
> even if they don't exist.  This causes problems later because they now
> appear to exist since they no longer have a NULL address.  One of the
> things we talked about was makeing the FPGA relocation code smart enough
> to detect NULL addresses for these functions and not relocate them.
I forgot to mention this in my 'RFC' email. But if you take a look at my
patches, you will see that this has been implemented. I must say that I only
implemented it for the pre and post functions. It may be helpful for others
as well but for pre and post it is most obvious for me.

Perhaps you guys can give a little ack reply to my five FPGA patches. I did
not see any no-go comment on any of them, uuh.

Matthias