[U-Boot-Users] u-boot "go" command query

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Nov 14 11:50:25 CET 2007

Hi Verma,

> When we have obtained the symbol table for the stand alone application , we
> have noticed that the addresses of all the global variables and function
> definitions are starting with 0x802xxxxx. Hence, any standalone application
> developed for INCA-IP has to be copied into the 0x80200000 location of the
> RAM.

If you check examples/Makefile, you will notice these two lines:

ifeq ($(ARCH),mips)
LOAD_ADDR = 0x80200000 -T mips.lds
endif

So your hypothesis is correct, as the binary is intentionally linked
to that address on MIPS platforms.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
(let ((s "bottles of beer on the wall")) ((lambda (f) (f f 99))
(lambda (f i) (or (= i 0) (format #t "~a ~a - take one down pass it around