[U-Boot-Users] Supporting non-CFI flash with different sector size in single binary

Srinath Iyengar srinathiyengarr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:39:37 CET 2007

Hi All,

Currently I am using the u-boot-1.2.0, I am trying to have a single Uboot
Image which supports non-CFI flash with different sector size and flash
sizes say for e.g. 8 MB flash with 64KB sector size, 16MB flash with 64KB
and 16MB flash with 256KB sector size. Form uboot sources it evident
multiple flashes (change in flash size and sector size) are supported using
config options. It's also documented ENV_SECT_SIZE should be equal to Sector
size of flash.

Can someone please suggest the possible way to support multiple flashes in a
single uboot binary? (Assuming commands are unique across all flashes).

With Regards

Srinath