[U-Boot-Users] Problems writing to memory with mw

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Tue Nov 20 21:57:09 CET 2007

robert lazarski schrieb:
> I see no problems with u-boot - relocation seems to work. The link
> suggested following my memory specs "to the letter" . So far I'm just
> calling spd_sdram() like most 85xx boards do - should I look there?
> Since my kernel boots sometimes into bash, but usually doesn't, I'm
> trying to confirm my memory is functioning. When the kernel fails to
> boot the eldk 85xx uRamdisk, its crashes at several different places
> before it loads the RFS. A few times everything just worked fine,
> which makes me think its a hardware issue. Any suggestions to tracking
> that type of problem down?

If you suspect hardware problems or critical timing, you could
propably (additional to Jerry's ideas) vary voltages as well
as the temperature of your board. If you see any correlation
to the number of crashes you will have a hardware problem for sure.

I've had a problem with some flash memory on a broken 8548 board
last week which was working more reliable on higher
temperatures... @:-]

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller