[U-Boot-Users] Problems writing to memory with mw

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 21 21:37:55 CET 2007

Dear Robert,

in message <f87675ee0711210922r4917e03ep8efb25d046f3c0ed at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Instruction cache disabled fixes the problem, thanks!!! I called
> icache_disable() right before spd_sdram () . What does this mean? What
> configuration do you think could be wrong, spd ?

It is a 99.9999% reliable indication that the FAQ
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation applies to
your situation.

Your RAM is not working reliably when being accessed in  burst  mode.
The cause for this may be anything - from bugs in your port of U-Boot
to bad memory modules or board layout issues.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"More software projects have gone awry for lack of calendar time than
for all other causes combined."
                         - Fred Brooks, Jr., _The Mythical Man Month_